Are you looking to get more out of your education? Do you want real world experience to help build your career?
Anakan GmbH is a specialized game localization company working in 30 languages.
Located in Berlin, our full-service business is based on two key principles - commitment to customer satisfaction and a genuine love of gaming.
Anakan is currently seeking a dynamic and talented person with a passion for video games and translation to fill a translation intern position at our office in Berlin.
The internship will last a minimum of four months. During the course of the internship, the intern will gain experience with several different types of CAT software (TRADOS, Loc Studio, etc.) and will increase his or her knowledge of game console terminology. He or she will also learn about all the different aspects of the translation process, and we will even provide a behind-the-scenes look at video game audio production, which features famous film and television voice actors.
This internship is suitable for individuals who are considering a career in translation and are interested in learning more about the field.
- Translating, editing and proofreading game content (in-game text, dialog, user manuals, websites, etc)
- Database maintenance
- Creating and updating terminology lists for different projects
- Creating and updating translation memories
- Helping with the setting up and use of CAT tools within the company
- Helping with vendor management
- Strong grammar skills in your native language (English)
- Computer literacy - MS Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- Must be an avid player of online and/or offline games
- Must be a detail-oriented and flexible team player who is self-motivated, responsible, hard-working, innovative, dedicated and deadline-oriented
- An understanding of the gaming industry and a desire to work in the field are a must
- Applicants must have a strong comprehension of the German language and must be well versed in German and American + British English slang, colloquial expressions and gaming protocols.
The internship may be held on a full-time basis and is available short-term (4 to 6 months).
If you think your qualifications match our requirements, please send your application to: email@example.com and type "Internship: Translator, German>English" in the subject line.