Anakan GmbH is a specialized game localization company working in 30 languages located in Berlin, Germany. As of today, we have localized more than 1,800 products for many of the world's best-known companies. Our full-service business is based on two key principles - commitment to customer satisfaction and a genuine love of gaming.
Our services include:
- Translation: coordination, in-game text, manuals, scripts
- Testing: localization testing, functionality testing, compliance testing
- Audio: pre-/post-production, multilingual voiceovers
- DTP: text-flow, layout, font management
- Creative media: including demos, trailers and advertising materials
LOCALIZATION PROJECT MANAGER Junior
Anakan GmbH is currently seeking a German Localization Project Manager Junior with demonstrated organizational, leadership and supervisory skills to manage our clients' projects.
The optimal candidate is a highly organized strategic thinker and proactive self-starter, 1-2 years of project management in videogames would be>
This position is full-time and in-house at the Anakan office in Berlin. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills and abilities needed to perform successfully in this position.
The candidate must have a flexible, can-do attitude, be energetic and work well in time constraints.
He or she will implement the best practices and make improvements to ongoing processes by defining and tracking quality metrics to ensure quality, timelines, and cost-effective delivery of client projects.
He or she will also coordinate internal deliveries with all the relevant departments while providing the sole interface for the client and will assume responsibility for project budget control and financial reporting.
The role of Project Manager Junior requires constant liaising with a variety of high-profile managers and developers in order to guarantee the delivery of projects within a specified deadline and budget. At the same time, the Project Manager Junior must also ensure that projects are held to the highest standards of quality.
- Overseeing daily operations tied to localization
- Providing input and feedback for continuous improvement of processes, services, and client relationships
- Communicating localization processes and requirements to the Production Manager
- Briefing and debriefing the team for each project
- Project analysis
- Preparing quotes and purchase orders
- Coordinating with internal team to ensure most effective allocation of resources
- Maintenance of individual project budgets
-German on a native level
- Ability to work effectively and decisively under pressure
- Experience working on two or more shipped AAA titles
- Understanding of foreign cultures
- Ability to handle multiple projects and multiple project types simultaneously
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to prioritize tasks
- Ability to prepare and control a work schedule and deliver to budget
- Fluent written and verbal English skills required
- Experience with TRADOS and other translation tools
- Knowledge of standard applications, specifically: MS Project, MS Office, CAT software
- Confident customer relations and excellent communication skills are essential
- Familiarity with principles of internationalization and globalization
- Ability to lead and motivate team members
- Ability to work independently and/or in a team
- Superior attention to detail and the ability to follow tasks through to completion
- A love of games, game development and the games industry
If you think your qualifications match our requirements, please
send your application to: email@example.com type "LOCALIZATION
PROJECT MANAGER JUNIOR" in the subject line.
Please note that only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.