Anakan GmbH is a specialized game localization company located in Berlin, Germany. As of today, we have localized more than 1,800 products for many of the world's best-known video games companies. Our full-service business is based on two key principles - commitment to customer satisfaction and a genuine love of gaming.
Our services include:
- Translation: coordination, in-game text, manuals, scripts
- Testing: localization testing, functionality testing, compliance testing
- Audio: pre-/post-production, multilingual voiceovers
- DTP: text-flow, layout, font management
- Creative media: including demos, trailers and advertising materials
Anakan GmbH is currently looking for a full-time Head of Linguistic Department to manage our translation team.
The Head of Linguistic department is responsible for managing the internal team (8/10 people) and the external translators in all phases of assigned translation projects into multiple languages, including analyzing and estimating the project, scheduling translators, managing and tracking the production schedule, managing translation quality, delivery, and billing.
Having an enthusiasm for video games as well as a commitment to high quality services with a can do attitude, is a definite must for suitable candidate.
- Manage a team translators and coordinators in-house
- Assign work to translators in-house as well as freelancers, setting guidelines and supervising work in progress
- Manage quality, schedules, budget and overseen all client requests; ensure with the team overall client satisfaction
- Prepare, package, send, and receive files for translation and linguistic QA
- Actively coordinate the resolution of linguistic issues
- Work with other members of the group, in a team or as a project lead, respecting all procedures
- Facilitate effective communication within the entire localization project team and the rest of the Anakan team
- German at a native level is a must
- Strong command of the English language is essential
2 to 5 years working experience in games
Enjoys managing several products simultaneously and is able to easily switch context between projects
- A significant experience in management
- Strong knowledge of TRADOS and memoQ a huge plus
- Possesses excellent cross-functional negotiation and communication skills
- Strong team player
- Good organizational and time management skills
- Flexible and proactive approach to tackling tasks
If you think your qualifications match our requirements, please send your application to: email@example.com type "Head of Linguistic Department" in the subject line.
Please note that only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.